UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Apr 6, 2006
    Murs Show - Review
    just typed this wonderful review & lost it.....damn you blogger ...j/k I love this service, but get it right BLOGGER...good thoughts only come every so often...........

    Y
    Here we go again:

    Attended the MURS concert at the Ottobar this past Wednesday. I thought I was making good time, but by the time that we reached the venue (little before) 11:00 PM....MURS was on deck. Openers included Educated Consumers, Shodekah (pronounced ShO-de-KAY aka the human beat box machine)........& a surprise addition...Tislam! Yes, Tis. LOL! I arrive @ the spot and he was on stage doing his thing. He later told me that the night was huge for him....DJ Mills who is close with Madlib (producer) got a exclusive J-Dilla track that will be on The Shining and he got to rock on it first before anyone ever. Pharoahe Monch will be rocking on the track eventually but he was so pumped that he got to do it first. It was like watching a kid in a candy store. I didn't know how significant the beat was at the time...LOL!, but the people loved it. Dilla's legacy will live on.
    *
    MURS is such a rock star. He had the old fashion mic on stage rockin out like he was the Black Elvis...LOL!....he was droppin the mic and pulling it back up....swinging the mic "around the world" style only to bring it back down and pick his raps back up - on beat...That was slick! He lip synced some Cold Play....Did an energetic running man..... Amazed us with some huge "skateboard kicks"....Man, MURS is an animal. A good animal tho! I was slow to warm up to him (for selfish reasons I will explain later he he!), but 3 songs in....I was totally into him like a first date. I am going to buy his new album "Murray's Revenge" (produced exclusively by 9th Wonder) as soon as I get some extra money.
    *
    I noted that he has a very loyal and loving following. The crowd was small, but every head in the house was glued to the stage and pumping their fist in appreciation of the good vibrations he was spreading. Some of his songs were a little "different" than what I've become accustomed to...must be that Cali flava, but...."Dark Skinned White Girl" had me rollin. I had to figure out what the hell he was saying. What is a dark skinned white girl? A white girl with a tan? LOL! I need to figure out what album it was on or search for the lyrics online. Not sure if he was playin or not, but told us all that if we see or talk to Jean Grae....."Tell her to give me some p*ssy"...LOL! What do I look like recruiting for him...He is a mess. He also performed this song verse about how he doesn't even get love from his own people. I felt him...damn! I have been to far to many Hip Hop shows where our lack of support for each other is soooo blatantly obvious. Guru was the like the biggest wake up call that things are a changin for me. After the show...I went up to him & let him know that I came out to support him. I told him that its not that black ppl don't support him, its that IMO we are very commercial & if its not mainstream...we are simply uninformed. I think that if more black people knew about MURS they would give dude a chance. He was kicking that real + you could really tell he is from there. There is no way you can grow up in the Cali hood and not know about violence and bangin. On another note....He was so gracious and nice to me. He reminded me of Planet Asia when I met him, but atleast Murs acted like he likes black girls too...LOL! K-Con got a photo....IF its cute...I'll post it....LOL!
    *
    Im going keep it real...........I went to the show b/c I thought he was cute...LOL! What a reason, hunh!!! LOL! I must admit....he sadly did not live up to the fantasy. Look at the Jimi Hendricks inspired shot above....WOAH! I love it! Nooooooo No No.....don't get me wrong. He was cute enough, but he was short....like 3 inches shorter than me. LOL! Damn! Check out his site and listen to some of his music.
    *
    Big Ups to Karen aka Ms. Red Wine, Timmy Grins (Break Down TV - yall is doing it), Jethro, K- Con, Tis, DJ Mills, Lyrical Leviathan, Steez, Kash (Live and Direct) and all the other fine folk I ran into throughout the night!

    Be sure you check me out on MYSPACE @ www.myspace.com/clove
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 4/06/2006 02:39:00 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER