|Whats ghood.....Shout out to B.O.M.B.
This man went through so much to get me his CD. That was real! I finally got the chance to sit and really give him a good listen. Thanks you for being so patient.
From the hip:
The cover art was simple and really didn't convey who or what was B.O.M.B., but it was very professionally done ....so he didn't lose any points there. IMO The cover is the REAL intro......so just like you intro your tape [<---^^^edit: LOL! I am really dating myself. CD yall know, what Im sayin!] real BIG.....your cover has to be as inviting and really set the tone for the CD...folk need to start looking at their covers in that way. Everyone is so visually stimulated nowadays...blame cable and the internet...got to grab folk's attention early! I appreciate that you added a tracklisting...& it was very easy to read...which made referencing and reviewing very easy. You get points for that! Only thing....I wish you would have included the producer names as well. It would have been nice to match the work with a name...producers deserve love too! LOL! I think the "industry beat" selections were on point, for the most part*. I like how you spit over some older tracks. So much of today's music is good because it is what we are "accustomed to"....I really wonder how much of it is truly timeless.
FYI: I only really comment on elements of the product that impress me tremendously or bother me so much that I can't contain myself. If there is no comment....Its all good...DO YOU....!
Anyways......Here we go.......
Intro - OMG!!! LOL! I cracked up when I listened to what the computer was actually saying!!!
2. My Story -
3. In the Cut -
4. Huh, What* - Ova the Rick Ross "Everyday Im Hustlin" track - Sounds like you are overpowering the beat. You made the song more about listening to what you had to say and less about the beat as I imagine it was intended. You definitely spit some hot ish and the hook definitely has potential. My suggestion: Re-do the song over a stronger ....crunker...Southern track or redo it over a funky ass local track. Tell somebody to make you something that is southern sounding but matches your upnorth flow on that one. In certain parts you do some tricky word play...the track should reflect that. Its a shame that so many people are still just letting the track ride without playing with the background tracks. The vocals have a lot of potential....the track was not ready for them.
5. Set Up (EXCLUSIVE)-
6. I got that - I know the streets love this one! "I Got Dat Did".... did you loop a cell phone ringtone in the back ground. One guy [#2- maybe that was Jimmy Beamz] REALLY sounded like Fat Joe....I was just waiting for him to buss out with some spanish...LOL!
7. Still Tippin (REMIX) - WOAH!!!! aiight! I can tell yall put some effort into the creation of this.....go head wit tha Chopped and Screwed....LOL!
8. King of Da Streets - Very busy track. Not sure if thats a ghood or bad thing. Will have to listen to it some more.
9. How to Spit Bars [Lesson 112] MP3 - I love the original song ......but
Yeah! Yall kilt this one!!!!
Baltimore, Humn man!!!
This song would make me a fan - I like this:
".....Chillin with rich nigga down south is [?]
Cause I talk about pistols
they won't push my shit through
they want me to talk about dancing and
like my lifes been fun like that man...hardly
What I could
tell you about tho....
is the bodies
in the alleys
stinch in the air that got me
but the industry scared to let me
introduce my world
Thats why in the booth I constantly introduce, my
world... Baltimore, Baby!!!!...."
I LOVE HOW YOU SAID IT!!!!!
10. All a Nigga Want (EXCLUSIVE) -
11.Money - Very cool sample....." I dont know why I love you"..... I'm really feelin this song. Buuuut again.... I kinda feel like you freaked the song more in a way that directs the listeners' focus on your words and not on that hot ass track. For some folk, that is a really good thing....but if you're anything like me and think [right now] its a "producer's game"...I would have preferred less words on a track like this. It's definitely on some rock star ish....all my pickiness aside.....its a mixtape jewel.
12. Hoes (Remix)- (B.O.M.B., Lil Wayne, Mannie Fresh)
13. Don't Say Nothing (Remix) -
One Shot, Two Shot - I like! Straight Gutter!
The Incredibles (AZ, Backland, B.O.M.B) - AZ is definitely one of the most underrated and arguably underappreciated MC IMO. I say underappreciated because his voice and persona is so unique....looking at his story ...you would think that orginality is no longer appreciated in Hip Hop. Backland and BOMB both held their own next to the god. Im glad to see more Bmore artists working together on songs. That's whats up! B.O.M.B. couldn't have picked a better person...Backland is the man around town. His new mixtape, "Back in Business" has the streets buzzin.
Bitch N*ggas (Remix)-
Who Run It (Remix) -
The Best of You (EXCLUSIVE) - Great story! Very 80's feel.
Two For One -
Get That Money (EXCLUSIVE) -I like the hook and I love how you rode the track.
B.O.M.B.- Baltimore's on your back?? WOAH!!! you better eat your vegetables! Good ish!