UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Apr 30, 2006
    B.S.O.G. Pt 1 - Feedback

    Bosslady & H.O.P. present Baltimore State of Grind: 21 Different Ways Pt.1, the newest mixtape from Baltimore's hardest working lady on the Hip Hop scene. The mixtape offers 21 different perspectives on Baltimore life from 18 of the region's fastest rising stars.
    *
    Standouts include:
    Amadaye's "Late at Night" - This song seems so real to me - almost like a documentary. Maybe its Denise Koch's (WJZ-13) voice within the track that makes it feel real Baltimore-ish....or perhaps it's the beat - which by the way is CRAZY...or maybe the incredibly vivid story he tells....NOT sure, but this track is definitely a winner!
    *
    Born King's "Blue Lights" - I'd wrote about this song some time ago. It was included on his 3 song sampler, "Bornified King". This is the first time I heard any of our artists really speak on the blue lights in the city. I think the beats hot and I think B K really put alot of his soul into this song.
    *
    Ogun's "Baltimore Baby" - I must like it ALOT....I named my blog after it !!!
    *
    Ray Lugar ft Low Key God - "Baltimore Blocks" - This was one of the few mixtape joints on the CD....and I usually shy away from shout out songs....but I enjoyed this one. It was especially funny to hear Low Key hollaring in the background.
    *
    Unreal - "Baltimore State of Mind" - I think this is a great song. The guitars really give it a "Man on his Harley" kinda feel -Unreal's the lone desparado. This artist has really blossomed over that last year. Looks like he fell back for a minute, got his mind and material right and is now back to state his purpose. I recently listened to some of his newer material and I must say....folk need to start mentioning this guy's name when asked, "Who's hot in B'More?"
    *
    Can't lie....Diablo's Jail Flick is a song that had to grow on me. Sure, I thought it was catchy from the jump, but I wasn't convinced that it was a song I could see me dancing too....I kept having visions of the "Eagle Club" scene in Police Academy. LOL! but a year later......after several heated discussions about the song and after hearing it soooooooooo many times that I can hear the hook without singing it aloud....I NOW think this is a really cute song. I also think that kids and ex-cons alike will love it!! I would suggest that it be pushed further. It doesn't sound dated yet and the production was on point. I wouldn't waste it.
    *
    C.O.M.P.'s "B'more Anthem" - I love this guy's perspective!
    *
    Bossman's "Oh" - Baltimore City Anthem fo sho!
    *
    Huli Shallone's song, "It's Bmore" really put a smile on my face. The singer on this joint was amazing!!!
    *
    I couldn't include every song on this list because either a) I really thought the song was ok, but it didn't immediately grab me or b) wasn't the best I know these people have to offer or c) I've seen the song performed or have heard it on too many other mixtapes to really get excited anymore
    *
    b) was true in the case of Brown F.I.S.H. & M.O.L.
    c) was the case with Mully's "Oh Baltimore"
    a) goes for everything else!
    *
    The VERY COOL cover art is Kelly's handy work! VERY NIIICE!!!! That lady is so multi-talented.
    *
    Overall...I think this is a solid project. Please note: My opinion should to be taken with a grain of salt due to the amount of music I get ALONE. BUT....much of this material will be brand new to the average listener/fan .....& that's the beauty of it. If you are looking for a good music sampling...a one stop Baltimore Hip Hop shopping experience...this is a great buy! I am really looking forward to B.S.O.G. Pt 2.
    *
    P.S. Big Ups to Young Star aka Young Bullie of the Realside crew (G-LOC, THUNDER & MIKE KEL'S) & Mr. Whitefolks (D.C.) who both tore it down along with the other featured artists at the CD Release Party held last Tuesday @ Club 429.
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 4/30/2006 04:35:00 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER