UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Aug 23, 2005
    A Day in the Life of a Hip Hop Heroine

    What it is yo! Wassuuuppp!!!

    Hello, Hello, Hello and thank you so much for checking out my inaugural blogspot. Some will pop bottles and blow their whistles (where my B-more Club heads at?)...while others will rue the day I took my MADNESS public.

    I have shares for $ale...holla @ ha gurl.

    My name is C Love aka Baltimore's premier publicist for the "underdog" and Hip Hop Ambassador. That is me at the Elements Party featuring KRS-1. That show was so awesome. By far one of the best Hip Hop shows I've ever attended. I recieved several great honors that night. Not only did I host, get an autograph and sit on stage for the Blast Master's performance, but I also got to chit chat with him for a min after the show. That will go down in history as one of my better days. His positive energy was radiant.

    Baltimore's Temple of Hip Hop rep, Tislam, ---Bless his heart--ran out of memory and I couldn't get a picture with Chris (LOL! like we're on a first name basis), but the night wasn't a total wash. I did get this snapshot out of the deal. I know your saying, "what's so special about that one?"....LOL....I NEVER TAKE A GOOD PICTURE. I know this one isn't the best, but it is the most recent one I have at my disposal......so tahdah!!! here it tis!!!!


    There are several missions that drive me in life:

    1) I feel that young adults (ages 17-24) are often written off as hopeless.... which is not fair.

    I work very hard to be an example and role model to this age group, in particular. I am in a unique position: I'm at that age where I can still speak their language and not sound corny (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT) AND .....respectful enough to know how to communicate with my elders (MAYBE MORE IMPORTANT). I can be a conduit for change or least help start the dialogue so that we can get to the bottom of why the community is in such discourse.


    AND

    2) The conservation the Hip Hop culture.

    I will one day take my message global, but in the meantime, I've been focusing my energy on this rubix cube called, BALTIMORE, MD. I see so much potential. That is one of the many things that keeps me motivated.

    MY BIGGEST goal during the last year was to let as many people as I possibly can know that BALTIMORE HIP HOP LIVES!!!!! It feels so good to see how attitudes are changing since I very enthusiastically (some say naively) showed up on the scene over a year ago.

    WE HERE!!!!! ROOOOAAAHHHHH!!!!!


    RIGHT NOW is such an exciting time in Baltimore Hip Hop

    During the last year, I have watched the crowds at Hip Hop events grow and morph into something that is more representive of the population. No longer are Hip Hop shows "sausage fights" comprised of testosterone fueled bands of white-teed yo's. Oh Nooooo!!! More and more people are showing up just to find out about these people who's names and stickers they are starting to see everywhere. More and more women are taking and interest and if you didnt know....that is a POWERFUL sign. I feel so proud knowing that I believed when others said there was "NO HOPE for those @$*&^ s!!!" ....now if i can only convince folks that there is still work to be done.

    Plus we have a few MCs that are making noise nationally!!!!

    I feel sorry for people that have a superior or elitist attitude regarding Hip Hop. I feel that Hip Hop "is what it is" because it can not be easily defined. To say one style or song sucks and another "good" song based on a biased set of standards...... is VERY narrow minded IMHO. There is enough money out here (if that's why you do it???) for trip hop, krunk, nerd rap, gangsta rap, gospel rap--WHATEVA!!!--to eat. I can find redeeming qualities in all of it.

    ***Now-- this is not to say that some artists are not better prepared, more universal, than others-- All I am saying is that their is a market for everything--you gots to feel that***

    I love to write and promote (aka run my mouth).....and was always extremely organized,........... so I decided to combine my love and talents and take a chance on a market that my colleagues said was dead--LOCAL HIP HOP. Yeah, as you can see I like BIG challenges.

    Through this blog, I will primarily focus on issues related to Baltimore life, people and products that I feel haven't received their due as well as anything else I come up with. Oh and please believe, I have some stuff on my mind all the time. I am always up to something...LOL.. All I can tell you is to expect some stuff that you can use and some stuff that you can pass along to a friend.

    There are quite a few up and coming artists emerging from Baltimore so as time goes on I hope to enlighten you all about a few of them as well.

    Hopefully, I will meet some people that share my entrepreneurial spirit and we can get some $$$ together.

    I have an American Dream too.


    Why a Hip Hop Heroine? Not to be confused with Heroin (that terribly addictive drug), Heroine as in a female hero....LMAO!!!! Believe me, some people didn't know what that word meant. Well #1 ...I think it sounds hot hella HELL!!!! LOL!!!!, but more importantly ...I feel that women can play a major role in changing the music industry's mind set regarding the messages being spread through urban music. Plus, I think that we can gain a place at the table in the process. Music and culture are very important to making life worth living. Hip Hop Heroines work to make sure Hip Hop is seen for the beautiful art form it really is. I am a Hip Hop activist and hero to many!!!


    Well, Today (8/23/05) I am making moves...you all will see how I get down. I stay doing SOMETHING!!! I try to make something happen everyday. I can't give yall all my goodies, but when I can, I will be sure to give yall the exclusives. AIIIIGHT!!!!

    It's STYLE WARZ time AGAIN!!!!! THIS THURSDAY (2/25/05) @ THE 5 Seasons 830 Guildford Avenue Baltimore, MD 21202. In the Shopping Center with the Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbin @ Guildford and Madison Avenue. This is one of my babies. It is a competition where MCs compete against each other performing their written lyrics. I host and P-Funk DJs......it get's CRAZY every time!!!!! Come on out and see the action for yourself!!! EVERY LAST THURSDAY OF THE MONTH. Click on "STYE WARZ" for more info.


    I want to leave you all with some food for thought:


    ".....Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms; to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."
    ~ Viktor Franklfrom Man's Search for Meaning Attitude Quotes - Perception

    This is a famous picture that is usually shown to college students in Psychology 101. How you internalize the world around you usually determines how you percieve the things that happen to you and for you. Check Yourself often!!!

    What do you see when you look at the picture....do you see a young lady or and old one?

    What do you see the independent music scene in your city/state? Do you a great opportunity or insurmountable odds?

    I SEE GOLD!!!!!

    BE SURE TO COME BACK OFTEN!!!

    PLEASE SUPPORT THE URBAN UNDERGROUND!!!! (MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW)

    Im gonna take this one thought at a time......so I'll holla back!!

    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 8/23/2005 08:40:00 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER