UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Jul 30, 2008
    The Ultimate
    Wassup yall,

    I know its been a minute. In addition to all of the non-rap related projects I've taken on in the last almost year, I've developed the early stages of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. In an effort to slow the onslaught, I had to chill with all the typing. My bread is buttered (day job) by typing so unfortunately the moonlighting as a Baltimore Hip Hop beat reporter had to stop.

    I may not be able to update you daily as was my previous modus operandi, but I promise when I do- it will be a good one - worth the wait.
    *
    Now- I'm doing real good. No pain - No tingling - No numbness - keep your fingers crossed. I hope you all have been progressing as well.
    Since last we spoke:

    I've ended my addiction to processed and commercially grown human hair. Ours is now a tenuos relationship. I am not criticizing my sistren who love their yakky 1B ...cause I am not above throwing on a sassy wig, but from now on - Ima natural gal ( I got that soul glow). Also, I lost around 25 pounds (the healthy way). If you are interested in walking with me on the weekends holla. I walk about 7 miles on Sunday mornings. Its a very scenic stroll....I usually stop through the Farmer's Market under the Jones Falls to get mint for my Mojitos. AND..... I've more than half way finished writing a book. Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Thank you to everyone that has acted as my sounding board and cheering section (most definitely - what up B-Fly!!) AAAAAAAAAAND I started this new Hip Hop game show I hope you've heard of by now called NO GUTS NO GLORY: The Ultimate Skillz Challenge





    So much has happen since last we spoke.....I am not sure where I should begin. I think I'll simply begin on a high note. As we hit the midway point of summer....I find myself reminiscing about the earlier part of mine. I wish I could go back right now. I need another vacation already. May these pics bring you as much joy as taking them brought me. I'll be back to fill you in with everything else that's been happening, but for now ......Enjoy Paradise:








    Beaches with almost white sand & clear aqua-green water.....





    Dole Pinapples


    Beautiful Mountains ranges


    Can you guess where I am?
    still can't?



    Give up....
    Hawaii doh doh....Aloha
    I went to the beautiful island of Oahu.


    This is the world famous Waikiki Beach (sunny side of the island)






    So many movies were shot from these shores in addition being the location of numerous yearly world class surfing tournaments.
    *
    The surf was crazy! Hang 10, dude.




    They have their own Rodeo Drive of sorts.....

    It aint hard to tell why Hawaii is the playground of the rich and famous.....I mean they most certainly cater to them.....


    ...Dior.... Cartier....Fendi....Louis....

    You know ya gurl couldnt even afford a designer keychain......

    The one (& only) purchase I made in Honalulu (the capital, main tourist destination and hottest side of the island) and probably the best meal I had my entire time in Hawaii that I didn't prepare myself......LUNCH @ my old faithful favorite The Cheesecake Factory.


    I dont know about you but I found these clouds to be magnificant.


    One cannot visit Oahu and not visit the site of the Pearl Harbor Massacre. The museam was beautiful. We were shown a short film about the day the Japenese launched a surprise attack against the United States' naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii by the Japanese navy, on the morning of Sunday, December 7, 1941, resulting in the United States becoming involved in World War II. We were then taken by boat out to the actual site of the memorial.






    The shrine was very moving.


    The oil/fuel from the engine room still periodically rises to the surface - tres bizarre. The ship is the finally resting place for over 1000 servie men who lie entombed. The Arizona was the only ship the goverment left in place. I heard George Bush wants to m ake it a National Monument like the National Parks or monuments in DC - I can support that.














    I wouldn't be me if I didnt get a picture with a man in uniform....its so much like me that my picture featured 3 of them. They sure look like they wanted to be in the picture....lol. In their defense (and mine) the first one was too dark. This was a re-do.

    Now that I look at my pics....looks like I picked the youngest enlisted soldiers in the whole US military. They were great sports!
    *
    God Bless the Troops! Bring them all home soon.




    More beautiful beaches..... EVERYWHERE




    On my last day on the island, I ran around a snapped up a few more shots. I wanted to soak up as much of it as I could. Who knows the next time I'll be back in this neck of the woods. Below are some of a botanical garden I visited as well as some more of the beautiful coast line. I loved it ALL. The older I get the more I am really diggin nature. I love being out in the grass under the trees with the birds chirping all around me. This place and its view of the majestic mountainesque scenary were one of the best part of my entire trip.




    Look at those clouds....I love it.










    Did you know that cashews are not really nuts?







    Water water every where & ya know a water baby like me was in Ecstasy.




    Although I didnt get a chance to partake....Hawaii has an extensive Mass Transit system. You can take a bus around the whole island for like 3 bucks- niiiiiiiice. I had the previledge of pushing a brand new midnight blue beemer around for my 10 days in paradise. I loved that car - Im getting one!

    Turtle Bay is home to some of the most prestigious golf tournaments. Tiger Tiger Woods Yall!


    The houses in the area where I stayed are all built into the mountains. You are literally living on a cliff. Depite the apparent danger, I could get use to the breathtaking views of mountains and clear water. There was very little direct sunlight - I enjoyed the constant 75 degree weather. I could see the small island the local's call "China Man's Hat" from my house's veranda....& on my last day I drove out as close to it I could get by land. It was well worth the drive. Found a nice young couple to snap this shot for me. It is my favorite. I says "I WAS HERE". This beautiful beach is not a tourist destination, but it is no less gorgeous.






    Not sure if it goes back to my days as a Catholic School girl, but I am always fascinated by renditions of Madonna and Child. This one was very nice -Polynesian style. Special Shout out to Mt. Carmel Catholic Church.

    And while I loved all of that (traveling is my JUMP OFF - you buy clothes, I buy airline tickets)......I am very much a BMORE BABY! at heart - all day every day. I am so glad to be back on the mainland. We take so many things for granted here. After one of my solo vacations (I could write a whole book on the pros and cons of traveling dolo), I always return understanding the importance of friends, feeling rejuvenated and hopeful about what I can accomplish if I put my mind to it. It is only when you start to REALLY see the world that you begin the recognize the endless potential all around you.

    Check me out on MYSPACE @ www.myspace.com/clove

    Labels: , , , ,

    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 7/30/2008 08:14:00 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER