UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Aug 25, 2005
    STYLE WARZ WAS ON MY MIND.....


    I must tell you all about this MC ^^^^^^that has really impressed my by performing in the last few STYLE WARZ. A marquee player from the Top of the Hill Records, Gata Shice, surprised more than a few at July’s STYLE WARZ. His win in July really made it crystal clear to me that this kid was destined to do great things.

    He has promised to return for the July SW to defend his title. He says that Style Warz is an event that he looks forward to attending every month. That makes me feel so good.


    So that we can move forward….I need to bring you all up to speed. Tonight is STYLE WARZ 7 and the next time I talk to you….it will be after its over.

    It would be fair to mention one ^^^^^of the winners without mentioning them all. SO here we go……….

    The first Style Warz in February of 05. It is crazy because there was a blizzard whipping up out side. Man, snow was whirling something terrible and all day P-Funk and I were praying that the snow would stop…him watching the weather channel and news updates….me on the net and NPR. I must tell yall…..I apologize for digressing…..

    BUT…I am the biggest fan of NPR …so….I want you all to give it a chance.

    In Baltimore it comes on
    WYPR 88.1 FM.

    I come up with some of my best ideas while listening to it while at work. I don’t even listen to Hip Hop or the urban stations because they are too distracting. Plus, I’ve found out that Public radio and non-urban station/programming are much more open to cover "urban" stories than it seems urban stations are? That is very crazy. I am always trying to come up with angles for getting my clients or my projects media attention and NPR is chock full of info. Folks would be amazed at the cool and very relevant topics that get discussed on shows like Mark Steiner and Fresh Air are both local. The National stories are often very cool as well. They’ve enthusiastically embraced the local poetry/spoken word scene. They haven’t had E the Poet Emcee on there YET, but we are going to get on it ASAP.


    …..ok back on topic…

    I know have to stop doing that….. LOL



    February’s winner was

    AB Rock. AB Rock showed his years in the game. He proved that “RAH RAH” is not always going to cut it. And being "slick" is not going to guarantee that the audience and judges will connect with you. I think when an MC comes out the gate spittin...FIYAH... and then looses their momentum later due to cockiness, tiredness, apathy, WHATEVA...they are asking to loose... That MC's later performances will be judged a lot harder....because everyone comes to expect more from the person. AB was the turtle in the competition. He maintained a slow pace. His mellow attitude, smooth swag and non-threatening approach impressed the judges most and he WON. His opponent and April Champ EJ, was the more “in your face” rapper on that night. EJ picked himself, went and dusted off the rhyme book after the first SW loss was handed to him, and came back with guns ablaze. He kept telling me he was coming to prove his first loss was a fluke (let him tell it…LOL).

    The March winner was
    RICO…of Fam Famille (LABEL). Rico came all the way from North Carolina ON THE BUS and showed these Baltimore cats that people outside of here are just as nice if not nicer. BRAVO!!!! I loved how him handed B-More a country ass whippin...LOL It was good to see that the news of Style Warz is getting around. May was a Style Warz that was particularly close to my heart. My Home Skillet Symph from the All girl Hip Hop sensation Tha Plague…Plague Up in this Bish!!!!!..took home the top honors and repped so lovely for the ladies. I love the fact that the first female to win was her. This gurl spits fiyah—Please don’t take me word for it….check out their site www.plagueup.com. The event had a great turn out and lots of heads now recognize her as a result of that night so…it was such a good look for her.

    In June we were all taken for a loop with Haz arrived on the scene. Man, this guy is gonna be a major problem. Not only for all these wack ass yo's out here, but also for the ladies. Honey chiiiiiille, when I tell you he is a cutie…I am not doing him enough justice. He even had the nerve to perform in a beater. He really needs to stop!!!!!

    So…that’s pretty much the run down. I needed to bring you all up to spend on the SW winners that you need to be checking for.

    Style Warz is such a learning experience for me. I hope that those of you that read my blog learn something from my mistakes and celebrate me when some of my crazy ideas pay off. I promise that I will give yall the full run down about Style Warz tomorrow after I recover. Aiiiight!!! So you all have a good day!!!!

    Remember,

    HIP HOP LIVES!!!!! WATCH OUT NOW!!!!

    TONIGHT!!! TONIGHT!!! TONIGHT!!!

    SUPPORT THE URBAN UNDERGROUND!!!!

    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 8/25/2005 07:15:00 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER