UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Jul 9, 2006
    SAMOS (BALTIMORE, MD)

    One of my favorite stores and biggest supporter of the Baltimore Hip Hop movement is SAMOS. Owned and operated by Ty and Fred, SAMOS offers totally original designs for the fashion conscious man or woman. Co-owner Ty, a graphic designer by trade, creates designs that really set them apart from everyone else out here tryna make their mark in the very lucrative and highly competitve urban clothing industry.
    *
    They sell a few items for women but their main focus is on the male consumer. I have been a fan of theirs for a min. (at least '99 - their first store was in the basement of the building that housed my girlfriend Margaret's nail salon) and they have never ceased to amaze me with their ability to stay ahead of the game. They are constanly evolving. What started off as iron-on designs on T-shirts and sweats has morphed into a whole line that includes denim, jackets, book bags and acessories.
    *
    I never realized how particular men can be about their clothes until I spent a day in the store. Some men are FAR worse than women. "what color shoes should i get"...."can I wear that shirt with these shorts instead of theones you have them matched up with"...."last week I bought the green shorts with the white and black stripes...you think you could get the tailor to add a yellow stripe so it will match my Rhasta airs"...LOL!
    *
    The original SAMOS store was located near the corners of Reisterstown and Gwynns Falls......TODAY they can boast about 2 locations (WEST - North Ave and Druid Hill and EAST - North and Gay) with plans to expand even more in the near future (Website coming soon!!!). Several local celebs are proud endorsers of the SAMOS brand.....in particular, DJ QuickSilva (pictured - grey. He is always FRESHLY DIPPED!), Dirty Hartz and Q (pictured - brown). If you are ever in town and needs something stylish and comfortable to wear....DEF stop by SAMOS & tell them I sent ya!
    *
    Skarr Akbar is droppin a new DVD soon that will follow up the widely acclaimed, Stephan Tatum Story ( Documentary), that was featured in several film festivals last year. They wanted to capture a lil footage of what I think about Skarr and the Batimore movement. I picked the SAMOS EAST store for the camera guys to meet me (come to find out it was Ryan and SL Danga - R.A.R.E. Ent & Yung Hustlas. NOW, that's what I call multi-tasking). For me....this ended up being another example of how God is in total control of everything I am involved in. I wanted my peoples get a lil shine for their new store, but come to find out ppl in the store knew Skarr (on a personal level - like have watched him grow up)...so they were able to add sooooo much to it....much more than I ever imagined. This was a great day!!!! This segment is gonna be nice. I am sure the whole DVD is going to turn out great! Skarr is a real interesting character. Stay tuned ....I'll let yall know when it officially drops! Below are a few pics I took that day....inventory changes regularly...so stop by often to see what's poppin. Usually when a new sneaker comes out...they have an outfit to match. THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!!














    Also....next door to the EAST location is a store that sells mixtapes & they carry local music.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh...check out who's on their J-O-B!
    Dude prolly thought i was the FEDS...LOL! He looked at me like he wanted to snatch my camera away.....I had to explain to him that I just wanted the pic for my blog!!! If you are reading this....SEE!!! mwah!
    *
    Scream at me on MYSPACE @ www.myspace.com/clove
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 7/09/2006 12:06:00 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER