UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Sep 27, 2006
    I was there!
    Attended the Dream Big Recordings' "Allow Us to Re-Introduce Ourselves" show at the 5 SEASON on 9.22.06. Thanks go out to the entire Dream Big staff for welcoming myself and the entire IBB family to your show. Your grind payed off and the affection that people have for you and the assembled performers was evident by the enormous crowd - THE SPOT WAS PACKED!
    *

    Amotion of Deep Flow TV hosted along with another fella (who's name is escaping me at this time) and did a great job of keeping the folk posted up in the front row entertained in between sets.
    *
    We all were treated to performances by DREAM BIG (JINX, LEFTY GARCIA, LUCKY LAYS) & FRIENDS (TM - "The GIANT", TestMe (who's entourage was enormous and included Mr. B-O-S-S himself! Big Ups to Gator Management), Johnel (Blue Flame Recording artist who I've heard a lot of people sing his praises...but had never saw perform until this event) and a whole host of other acts with whom I am not as familiar.
    *
    The vibe was really "crazy" (in a "Knarls Barkley" kinda way...LOL!) up in there. Brooklyn (, Maryland) was mos def in the buildin!!! Unfortunatley, It was one of those kind of shows where you KNOW that most of the people ONLY came to see their man rock. That is always so unfortunate because many of the acts on the card gave a phenomenal performances.

    MAJOR Highlight (and low point of the evening - what a roller coaster):

    TM
    *

    This is my dude for real. His set was really energetic. His hype man was on point and he had the ladies up in there going crazy. One girl in the front seemed to know every one of his songs...

    I am a student of human behavior...........
    *
    What struck me is odd is how very few people actually listen to what the local rappers are actually saying. I'm saying "local" b/c when a signed act comes to town...most everyone in attendance knows at least one song - why else would they come.
    *
    I find that....people are either looking in different directions....having their own side conversations....asking the host what time their man goes on.....and the worse is when an artist says something that you KNOW should elicit a response and it doesn't.
    *
    They ain't listen! cracks me up ere time!
    *
    I LISTEN! IF IM IN THE FRONT ROW - IM LISTENING TO YOUR BARS, VERSES, AD-LIBS.... ALL DAT!
    *
    I want the artists in my "peripheral" to get better and they won't unless we (I'm responsible for me.....) start telling them not only that we don't like their song (s), but ALSO why. but that would require listening......

    *
    Question....How? .... as a woman..... can you come to a show to support an artist, stand in the front row - lip gloss shinin' and allow him to sing a disrespectful ass song to you....LOL!

    Im laughing because it's shockingly sad.
    *
    I don't remember the words, but they were along the lines of...."I don't want no girl, i ain't gonna do nothing for you but give you the wood, I'm just tryna get mine. RECOGNIZE THAT" ...LOL! <----------That was the PG version.....of course!
    *
    I mean, TM is cute and all, but I think I would of had to move away or at least give him the screw face or something..... to let him know sumptin was seriously amiss. Hip Hop is prolly the only form of entertainment that women will get dressed up and allow themselves to be degraded.....oh but then again....maybe that's why so many of us stay home....mmmmmmmmmmmh!
    *
    Don't smile at his azz after he done told you to your face that a chick can't do anything but "lick and spit".
    *
    The POINT........yeah yeah yeah:
    *
    Guys...guys...guys....one mo gin:
    *
    WOMEN buy A LOT of music....please stop disrespecting us (even my citas that don't know any better). FYI: I won't put a guy on a show that blatantly disrespects women. Whats the point.
    *
    There are always exceptions to the rules.
    *
    As with anything else...if it helps to make a point....that is different. That is an artist utilizing his or her vocabulary. The FCC even knows this to be true. Saving Private Ryan caused a real uproar they decided to air the movie uninterrupted (expletives and all) and most recently, the 911 movie that aired on network TV.

    Just in case anyone is fact checking:

    Skarr calls his baby mother a b*tch several times in one of his songs, but it fits the content of the song. He is only using the word to emphasize his dislike of this women. After listening to the answering machine message/intro that starts the song....you see why that word is probably appropriate. It is reserved for the person about whom the song was written...he wasn't talkin about hatin b*tches in general. That would be terrible. Furthermore....even if he had songs disrespecting women...he knows that those aren't the songs to perform at a show.
    *
    I am not tryna piss anyone off by making them the example (not in this case anyway...LOL!)
    *
    ...nor am I comparing Skarr to TM....THEY ARE 2 DIFFERENT ARTISTS..... Im just using Skarr as the example because he has a song that talks greasy about a woman and I like it.
    *
    Its oftentimes comes down to how you do it. When using terms that could go either way...it would behoove you to at least make sure the song is creative (to say the least) or tells a harrowing story that justifies the use of the word. Calling us bitches or using "ho" as a term of endearment is not slick (as folk from BMore would say)

    *
    WOMEN WOMEN WOMEN.....

    please start to expect more....NO DEMAND more. You paid your $10 to get up in a spot...don't tolerate anyone talking negatively about you as a woman. We need to start holding these guys way more responsible for their lyrical content.

    *
    TM...ya know I love ya, but I was not feeling that song. I'm sure someone will give you the message if you don't read this yourself he he! (you know my number...please don't write a dis track about me. I can't rap). Everything else about your set made me SO VERY glad I came out to see you (FINALLY- right!)

    *
    There were lots of familiar faces up in there...unfortunately for you all....I've gone to so many events during the last few days that I can no longer definitively state where I saw who.


    *
    I don't want you all to get them impression that the night was full of women bashing ...quite the contrary. The women repped up in that chumpie! GIVE US OUR HIP HOP!
    I'm just pontificating....as usual
    so until lata......





    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 9/27/2006 06:48:00 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER