UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Nov 1, 2006
    Free writing exercise with visual aids
    For the most part, all of our live are pretty routine and boring. Its the nature of living and working in America.

    Work ----->School ------>Home ----->Work<------>Store --->Home ----->WORK----->FUN----->MO WORK

    with a few detours scattered along the way from time to time.

    I recently found this quote......

    "The really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour."


    Man...that is my life in a nut shell.



    I never would have imagined that I would feel how I feel today about so many things if you would have asked my when I was 18 ......or 21 even. Currently I am on this road to somewhere....Don't quite know where, but I'm cruisin. All I know is that the weather keeps getting warmer and warmer the further I get away from my starting point. Now....LOL! That could be a good thing.....sorta like making your way down 95 from Baltimore towards Florida or it could be really really bad ....meaning I am on my well to hell. Whatever it is.....where ever life plans to take me....I am ready. I am not saying I am not scared, but I'm definitely not a punk. I never get in a car without knowing where I am going. But its something about the music that's blaring out the speakers that is mezmorizing.

    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (a real insightful mofo) once said,
    "Without music life would be a mistake."


    I agree.

    How can one say they don't like music?

    I mean, even if you don't like rap, rock, or any other kind of music that elicits strong reactions from its listeners.....you cannot deny the biochemical changes that occur within you whenever you hear a musical note or chord. Now let's take it a step further.......music has tangible benefits too.

    The love of music can make you get up in the morning and work out - got to work on your patent "eh DJ run that song back" dance moves
    A particular song can really get your juices going and motivate you to start your day (Black Rob - "I Dare You" always does it for me)
    A soulful song can help you through a dramatical break up (LOL! leave it to Flava Flav to come up with a new word)...."its that punk azz chumps loss....cause LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANY MORE"
    A particularly vulgar song can make you get up out your bed on a Saturday morning and close your window. "Whup That Trick" at 8 am. Some neighbors have no respect.
    Music can make a funeral all the more sadder ("Its So Hard to Say Goodbye" always gets a tear out of me just for GP) or make a wedding more joyous (Ever seen a bride or groom serenade the other....in the moment, it is amazing)
    Music can make a man walk instead of catching the bus just so that he can have enough money to get into the weekly open mic
    The love of music will make people take out a second mortgage on their house just to finance a summer tour
    The love a mother sees her son has for music will make her take her whole income tax check and go out and buy him equipment so that he can pursue his dream (true story: LL COOL J)
    The love of music will make a skinny white boy come to a hip hop show alone because his friends don't want to be around that many black people in a confined place...LOL!
    The love of music will make you stand in line in the rain an hour just for the chance to see your favorite act perform for 15 minutes
    Music can keep you off the streets...for some that means out of trouble.
    Through music one can learn about different cultures......
    "Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." (Victor Hugo)

    Music can change destinies, music can destroy friendships, music can represent truces, music can welcome home the calvary......

    Music can unite the races.....
    Music can express the frustration of oppression

    I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us.
    ~ Martin Luther

    In more than one way....probably more so than anything else on this Earth....MUSIC is so very relevant to our entire existence.
    MUSIC IS GOD

    Hearing a song can make us remember a date in time ....it can make us think about something we've been through...certain sounds take us back to places we've traveled.....certain sounds tell us when enough is enough.....

    birds
    dogs
    meows
    whistles
    belt buckles coming aloose
    horns
    crickets
    cracking knuckles
    Yahoooooooooooo
    BAM
    BOOM
    Ayooooooooooooooo
    Aaaaayyyyyeeeeeeeeerp


    Thank you and goodnight !



    You hear that? AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWH......I love that sound!


    Keep your eyes and ears open...as I will mine. And while your at it.....ENJOY THE SCENERY.

    *

    Sugar Water Festival @ Merriweather Post Pavillion
    Nothing but love. Check out this line......& we were still almost a half a mile from the ticket gate. Lawn seats are very chill....I had a great view of the show, you could light incense, drink without fear of spilling something on your neighbor and if I would of had a date...we could have snuggled under the stars. You can't get more romantic than Jill Scott, cool summer breezes, sparkling stars, a Soft Blanket and strong arms. mmmmmmmmmmmh! This scene showed me that so many other ppl feel as strongly about these women as I do..... This show was AWESOME! I can't wait to see how they do it this year.


    *
    Raekwon @ SONAR
    Big Ups to Low Key God for gettin a sis a ring side seat. I don't usually like the whole back stage thing. I like to be out amongst the people.....reveling in thier joy and excitement. But I didn't mind on this night. There were no groupies until the show was almost over...the smoke wasn't that thick and it was interesting to watch how the band maneuvered. I love to see bands incorporated in shows (especially hip hop shows). The WU always gets people to start acting out of character. Grown men...jumping up and down literally hugging each other....LOL! This show was a major detour - Not just for me, but for the crowd and performer. No one knew what to expect coming into the venue.
    This scene showed me that a kick ass band (El Micheals Affair) and "street" Hip Hop most def mesh. This show was so fly. The Chef's outfit was so hot. I wonder if it was Ed Hardy.





    *
    Styles P @ the 5 Seasons
    Big Ups to Swirrel Wyde for making this happen!
    Peep the duffle bag in picture #1. He was selling his own CDs....LOL! $10 just $10....& guess what...people was buying them. I love that they will still come into any hood and do them. This scene showed me that D-Block are real dudes. Not all rappers are fake. They struggling too....LOL! Also...Sheek louch is cute (had to add that). He was there too!





    Sure these are not the best pics. I neglected to "detour" back home to get my real camera hehe! But then again...they are perfect for me.
    They will help me to remember how much I enjoyed the scenery.
    *
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 11/01/2006 07:17:00 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER