UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Jan 22, 2006
    Humanity in the music biz: Somthing to think about!
    I hear everyone talk about how "currupt" this biz is...

    & .....I will admit that I have had some rough experiences during my few years on the scene.

    I also hear people say things like, "if one is not strong they should stay out of it",.............. but to me its not that simple.

    Is it that simple to you?

    I know am a strong person [according to my def] and could be percieved as very POWERFUL because I am smart, ........but I don't have all the answers so to me its "frontin" to act better than the next person just because i have the personality to pull it off. But I am sure you know people that do! I know plenty! I admit, I cry....I get stressed and say Im never coming back after every Style Warz....I've jumped the gun....I've opened myself up for criticism..

    ...am I weak for that? Am I missing the clues?? What is the definition of being strong??? How does one grow stronger??? After every setback should one feel like their strength is deminishing? Does self esteem factor into any of this?

    SO many give off this air of confidence and are so prepared to deal with the heartache that comes with this biz....... and compared to them....I think I may not be cut out for RAP!

    I struggle with this. I like a challenge, but fighting a losing battle is not an endeavour I would gladly take on. All I want to do is help spread the good news..... not deal with bullshit and ignorant people that think it makes them seem more official to be a prick.

    I deal with people involved in the industry from all over the world.....there are similar personality traits that they all display, but some of the stuff that you all think is acceptible is not the "norm"--so please stop saying that!

    True, this biz attracts dickheads on a power trip, but that doesn't mean that everyone accepts that. We need to ride for the right shit! If you let people be disrespectful to you in your hometown....they will do it again and others will think that we are cool with that. If bad behavior on the part of person not involved in the struggle was not accepted - you'd be surprised how much respect we'd recieve.

    You have the be the change you want to see in the world- Ghandi

    ^^^^What it means to you..... the "guard" will change one day...life is a cycle....new label heads...new regional directors...new PDs....could be you ...or me even.....

    Stay true to you...never let anyone tell you that you aren't cut out for something because you aren't like everyone else.

    Be ORIGINAL! There is nothing wrong with being a good person in a currupt environment. That is what will make you stand out. This true for rappers who do their own thing, hip hop ambassadors that cry, rugby players in wheelchairs. The blanket descriptions and preconcieved notions that many of us hold on to are what hinder us....feel me or not! holla back!


    Hope you all have a good day!
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 1/22/2006 10:46:00 AM  
    3 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER