UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Mar 9, 2006
    ABCs of Me
    What's good? Been chilling the last few days...haven't been to any shows this week. I really needed to take sometime and get my mind right. I'll be back to my usual antics in a few.
    *
    Some one told me I was well on my way to becoming "Miss" Courtney. I was asked if that is what I wanted? LOL! Can I help it that I command respect? I feel so funny introducing myself as C. Love...LOL! Maybe I need to work on that...I simply CAN'T under noooooooo uncertain terms be seen as a grown asss woman. WOW! I guess I do call the younger guys "Baby" alot. Not in the sexy, "Baaaaab -bE" kinda way either! I SOUND LIKE MY MOTHER -- OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!! LOL! More specifically...I was told that some of the pictures I take make me look motherly [EJ & I at Style Warz - I heard about your comments ARS]...LOL! OLD is how I interpretted that! So Now....I'm a 20-something M.I.L.F. How did I get here? Am I too conservative for hip hop - is that even possible? What is Hip Hop? I thought I knew? I know hip hop is all about rebellion [buck! buck! on the system]....so why can't it be that MY form of rebellion is to be the one that looks like she is at the events to actually work? Hummmmhhhhnn??? LOL! Its all good doh.....I'm comfortable in my button up shirts and pearls......as with everything else people want to label me as....I'LL BE DAAAAAAAT!
    *
    I was asked to judge the Madame of Murdaland Female MC Battle [part 2] coming up at the 5 Seasons on Monday, March 27, 2006. This should be very exciting. I've never done the whole judging thing....so if you don't hear from me on the 28th....go and hunt down Sonny Brown or Mr. Wilson. They will at least be able to tell you who I got to beefin with. The last "M of M" competition [re] introduced Ms. Stress to the Baltimore Hip Hop scene. Several weeks of on air battles between Stress and other females finally resulted in *Ms. Stress and Symph of the Plague* having to duke it out at the finals [held @ the Black Door]. Stress came out the winner and will defend her title on the 27th. *(This battle is available on the Street Dreams DVD. Please holla@ Ahk on Fridays btw 12:00 - 5:00 AM 410-319-8888)*
    *
    D.O.G. is gearing up for the release of his debut album, CHAMPAGNE DREAMS. I am not at liberty to divulge specifics, but STAY TUNED......... They are gonna do it real BIG. I was invited to a private listening party the other night and man o man - THIS CD is gonna really make people stop and take notice of Baltimore. So much of Baltimore Hip Hop is a lot of BOOM BOOM BOOM (808)...sometimes too much base (for my tastes)...overly simple two-step rhythm....coupled with dumb ass hooks and glorification of violence and drugs....no real substance [a good majority of it]. This dude has guitars & strings and freakin' harps in his music...LOL! He even has something for the ladies. It's obvious he recognizes who actually wears the music buying pants round hurr. Im trippin, but dead ass! LOL! It's still very street...don't get me wrong, but you can most definitely tell that real musicians had a hand in crafting his sound. Heard a track with nothing but strings and freaked it on some gansta ish. The track with Raheem Davaughn is amazing. I finally got to hear it. They've been acting so top secret.

    While there we really got into a heated discussion about the popularity of the "RYDA GYRL" song. I never saw this one coming, but like Pop told me early on, "This ain't for you"...LOL! [I admit I was wrong, but then that is why you are the boss] Its the #1 requested song on the radio right now - Did you know that? I was messing with D.O.G. about the part in the song when he says something about, "putting his boat in her ocean"...LOL! That line is hilarious! Its so silly, cute...yet so very sexy at the same time. I wish I could find me a boat right about now...LOL! "Boat" just makes my imagination run wild. The man does have a way with words. Mo Banks added his lil special touches to it radio version of the song..."grind me, grind me, gr, gr, gr, grind me baby!" I love it!! Check out D.O.G.s MYSPACE page if you haven't heard the song already. Big ups to Mo Banks for actually fusing club with hip hop in a way that both pays tribute [or should I say recognizes] our home grown sound, but that also showcases how a RAPPER should spit over a club track. There is a difference. Need clarification on that- holla @ me. I think that its wack (edit: ill advised) for a rapper to make a "Baltimore club" song. Like Karlito (from the Kartel) pointed out, [im paraphrasing] "Are we trying to take club music global or are we trying to put Baltimore Hip Hop on the map?" Plus, the song's vocals can stand on their own without the Blaq Starr track. I'm not gonna lie....the track was already hot....yall just [in the words of my fave chef, Emiril Agassi] KICKED IT UP A NOTCH! BAM!
    *
    Its so nice to be in the loop.....I can't wait for the REMIX! REMIX! REMIX! It's gonna mess some heads up!!!!
    *

    To know me is to love me.......ABC's of ME

    *
    Always planning my next move
    Because I know that nothing comes to a sleeper except a dream
    Can't shut up about something that inspires me
    Don't ask me really personal questions unless you have time to talk
    Earns every dollar I make
    Forever dreaming of seeing Africa again
    Gets teary eyed whenever I watch "Imitation of Life"
    Helps others willingly
    Idolizes Oprah Winfrey
    Jumped at the opportunity to start a Hip Hop event in Baltimore when others thought the idea was corny
    Killed all the plants in my house this winter
    Loves hard
    Manages to keep the lights on
    Never betrayed a friend
    Owes a whole lot of different people money
    Pays someone else to clean my house
    Queen in my past life
    Righteous disposition
    Sensual
    Talented individualist
    Unique perspectives

    Very willing to walk away from any man made situation
    Willing to let God lead me
    X-ray vision allows me to see through people's bullshit
    Yearns to own land
    Zero is the amount of doubt any one should have about my ability to always rise to the top.

    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 3/09/2006 11:30:00 AM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Hey what's up C-Love this Kenneth I really like your Blog. Also there's a character name Don spreading hate on the MC's of madame of Murderland saying they're wack not that's not true! Y'all keep doing your thing bump the haters!

       
    • At Friday, March 10, 2006 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Al said…

      does the D.O.G. album have a solid release date yet? definitely looking forward to it.

       
    • At Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      May 5th is the tentative release date for D.O.G.

      jay boogie

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER