UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Mar 20, 2006
    Boughetto File - Case #32006
    I sure hope they took him out of context...otherwise,

    A new MTV.com interview reveals that 50 Cent has apparently joined the Ghostface "southern bash wagon". He goes into detail about why he feels that "simple-minded Southerns are damaging hip hop":

    "A lot of the music that comes out of the South is kind of simplified and I think it's kinda 'cause they just wanna have a good time," he explained. "They don't wanna think about what [they] just said. ... They really didn't make sense, but they made sense in a way and they just wanna hear something while they're actually partying and it works for them. But when they don't take the time to make it the highest quality possible, it hurts the actual hip-hop [genre]. People wanna make music they can get away with as opposed to the best possible music they can make....."


    This dude is really comical.

    "Simple minded" - Now ain't dat the pot callin the kettle black!

    "Sh Sh Shake dat ass gurl!"
    Baltimore is an interesting place to be..........we are equal distance from New York and ATL. Got to love dat!
    *
    I grew up on Northern style Hip Hop, but definitely have a lot of love for my southern brethren and sistren.
    *
    My mother's family migrated from Georgia. Janie Mae (GM) & Fountain Turner Sr. (GF)
    *
    mmhhhhhhhhhh...........Young Jeezy is from Macon (I think I heard that) & most of my kin folk reside there - I wonder if his mama is my great auntie?
    *
    My father's people came up here from North Carolina. Man o Man...don't get me started on their names....LOL!
    *
    As you prolly guessed.................All my people talk with a twang!
    *
    *
    To be entirely honest, I really just discovered southern rap a few years ago despite many Baltimoreans being hip to it since my youth. In fact, I grew up with a male friend that loved Master P, 8 Ball and MJG and many others back in the day. He swore southern rappers were the only ones saying anything...LOL! This was the mid 90's (Hip Hop's Golden era) and he felt that they told stories he could relate to - immediately.
    *
    Maybe I'm biased..........I don't see southern rap as the bain of Hip Hop because in many ways I relate to their sensibilites. I like to have fun. I am starting to relate to 50 less everyday & I really like most of his music. I feel that southern slang and the witty analogies they use are refreshing. I love the way that southern music makes me feel when its played real loud. It makes me want to dance....helps me to escape (my only hope from much of today's music).
    *
    How many ways can you say "son, dun, one, dope, poppin, hot, bananas, shorty, .......etc"?
    *
    I love how they take chances with sounds and aren't afraid to make music that they like despite their haters! In my opinion they've expanded my vocab tremendously! LOL! I won't use it at work, but hip hop never was for dat! How is it that we've gone from Hip Hop being the voice of a people..to sayin that the southern youth's voice is not articulate enough? The North has always viewed southerners as "slow"...nothing is new.
    *
    Northern rappers need to grow up & as I said it in my Wu Tang show review "Oh How Soon We Forget" , "Focus on making good northern rap"
    *
    When did NY get so bougie? or perhaps they've always been and just don't know how to deal with competition?
    *
    I am going to fully explore this issue at a later time. I feel a good essay coming on!
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 3/20/2006 02:23:00 PM  
    2 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER