UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Mar 15, 2006
    I still Love him....even tho you don't think he deserves me

    While I was engaged in one of my semi-regular Hip Hop bitch sessions with a friend recently, he made the comment, "You aren't sick of Hip Hop...he just hasn't f*cked you real good in a while". We both shared a good laugh, which was understandable considering the vulgar nature of his comment, but when I really got to thinking about it....the statement rang with so much truth.
    *
    The "Ode to MY boo" is what came from my heart when I thought about my love affair with the culture of Hip Hop.
    *
    Just imagine that feeling that comes over you when you are "randy" and have to wait(sorry...I'm trying to keep it real as possible with this post) or you're in a relationship where the luster is starting to fade ..........Frustration, irritability, re-evaluation of commitment - "what is commitment?", jealousy, wandering eyes, whining, venting, saying things you really don't mean, etc (add yourn)... You get the point where it's incredibley frustrating just to stand still. That's where I was...he he!

    The relationship one has with music is unique to each person as a fingerprint. For me its very romantic and sexual. Not sexual in the organic sense, but sexual in that when we come together.... I feel as if we are closer. Spent and utterly satisfied on so many levels after one of our sessions- anybody got a fug?? mmmmmmmmmmhhh Chile. I give love the way that I want to be loved - HARD!! I am not afraid to put my back into it and work up a sweat. My passion is so intense because I know his lovin is good! The issue is.....he's a whore and other people now know about his prowess too. I should have never told them other b*tches about how my boo puts it down.
    *
    Born again Christians often talk about the joyful noise they are compelled to make whenever they think about Jesus or are in his house. Without pride or ego, they get up in front of their peers and speak their minds, cry, stomp their feet, faint, etc....All in the name of the Lord. For the good majority, this is not out of the need to be seen (although some of these weekend Holy rollers are full of it).....but more out of an inability to suppress their joy.
    I find it hard to hide my joy when it comes to ghood music.

    Suprisingly, some people are not moved by rhythm at all. This is evident when you go to shows. Ever seen people just standing there straight faced or sitting in their seats (for that matter) when a group is on stage and ROCKIN? You can't keep still ....you can't bring yourself to leave the venue (even if you can't stand the performer), but you have people around you engaged in side conversations and looking inexplicably bored. WTF? When this happens...I really want to go up to people and ask them "what is YOUR malfunction?" This site used to baffle me...but NOW I get it.... I am special. Thank you God for making MUSIC and ART move me! I know how much brighter my outlook on life is because I recognize the influence of these interests in my life.

    I know some may think its blasphemous to equate religion with Hip Hop. If you have a problem with it...it may be that you are judging Hip Hop unfairly with definitions provided by someone that is not in love with the culture. Also too...we are not talking about worshiping music...we are talking about the feeling music creates within those that respect its power.

    What is Hip Hop?

    Definitions of Hip Hop on the Web include:
    Hip hop is a cultural movement that began among urban African Americans in New York City in the early 1970s, and has since spread around the world. Some consider beat boxing the fifth element of hip hop; others might add political activism, hip hop fashion, hip hop slang, double dutching (an urban form of rope skipping) or other elements as important facets of hip hop. The term has since come to be a synonym for hip hop music and rap to mainstream audiences. ...
    http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop

    Hip hop is a dance from the 1970s, 1980s, 1990's, and 2000s that fits with Rap music. Many hip hop moves and styles have been adapted into Lindy hop.Hip Hop came from the Bronx in America When all poverty was breaking out.The people just sort of made it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_(dance_move)
    If you think those paragraphs define Hip Hop....yeah! I see why you have an issue.

    I know people who spend their entire life making music.
    That kind of dedication to anything - let alone an inanimate object - borders on compulsive. But isn't love the sweetest, most divine compulsion.

    Inanimate.........let's examine this word


    Definitions of inanimate on the Web include:
    -belonging to the class of nouns denoting nonliving things; "the word `car' is inanimate"
    -not endowed with life; "the inorganic world is inanimate"; "inanimate objects"; "dead stones"
    -breathless: appearing dead; not breathing or having no perceptible pulse; "an inanimate body"; "pulseless and dead"
    http://www.wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

    Life is a multi-faceted concept. Life may refer to the ongoing process of which living things are a part; the period between the birth (or a point at which the entity can be considered to be living) and death of an organism; the condition of an entity that has been born (or reached the point in its existence at which it can be established to be alive) and has yet to die; and that which makes a living thing alive.

    something that never was alive, like a rock http://www.oceanadventure.org/intro_out.html

    If you are like me....you believe that Hip Hop Lives, breaths and evolves..........There is nothing DEAD about this culture. Just people with what I will venture to call "DEAD" minds deciding the direction he will take in life.
    The industry is a racist college advisor hiding at an HBCU.

    What you see today is what he has become as a result of him not being nurtured and loved unconditionally. When I was younger, the music was diverse. When I was younger the art of MC-ing was about being creative and clever with your words....getting a message out that was real and not contrived prior to it being written. The music felt more authentic ...as if this artist was blessed with some kind of special sight. The music expressed sentiments that made me think I'd found the one person that "got" where I was coming from. In its state of "imperfect perfection" ....hip hop was the bad boy that made this good girl sneak out late at night. His lovin was good....& he always brought a bottle of Banana Red Mad Dog 20/20 for us to share.

    I went to the B'More Flava show on Friday 3/9/06 (Big Ups to Punk Hop N Be Difrint - Taz!) and could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME figure out why the people in the spot were not showing the guys from Tru Bill Entertainment (100 boys) the love they truly deserved. THEY WERE SO SO SO GOOD to me! Real crunk with lil guys up front. All of the main MCs were under 21 and their energy level was intoxicating.

    The best way I can describe their show is to say.....it was like being on a quiet subway platform (at the height of rush hour) ........then the train pulls in the station and everyone gets off at the same time. Different converations, people struggling with bags, dope feigns obstructing door ways because they are stuck in a nod.....school kids play fighting and giving each other dap...NOISE and rawkus......then within 4 mins....the station is quiet again as everyone has started their treks out the station and home.

    I tried to be all reserved....I was sitting in my seat like everyone else, but after a while I started to feel like I was being phony or lacked courage to stand up and pump my fist HARD for this act that obviously showed up to entertain. I wish I could post a video of the show..because no words can describe the feeling they gave me. I swear meeting them was a morale booster. They did not win the competition (which I don't understand), but I literally chased them out the building to get some contact info from them. I was affected by what they shared with me. That show aroused me...LOL! not literally, but I felt them. Didn't know these guys from anywhere....had never heard their music before....but I was instantly caught up in their web. I had to know more about them! ......."Keep on STACKIN my riches...I need them STACKS...I want them STACKS..gotta have those STACKS..." I can't get that damn song out my mind. LOL! That's that pif! Check out my MYSPACE page....I uploaded the song "STACKS" over the weekend.

    & That is why I love him. Even when I am pissed off with him & think he doesn't deserve me...he shows me why I fell in love in the first place. I must remain faithful cause after all ...he will always be my first love.
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 3/15/2006 02:25:00 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER