UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Apr 27, 2006
    God showed me a sign




    A few of you may recognize these images. These symbols are commonly referred to as Adinkra Symbols. I love them on so many levels. Each tells a story and offers insight. I am very much into speaking with my ancestors because nothing is new....everything I go through has been experienced before. Their history and connection to my existence is amazing!!! Sometimes...you need to seek "celestral" counsel when it seems like "supernatural" events are occuring. When ever I am going through a puzzling time, I have several amazing resources (I may share them another time) that I use to help make sense of my situation.


    The top symbol - GYE NYAME - This is the most popular and commonly used adinkra symbol. It means - (Except God). This is a symbol of the Omnipotence of God. He is the beginning and the end - the only absolute. ["This great panorama of creation dates back to time immemorial and no one lives who saw its beginning and one lives to see it's end Except God"]

    The second......& most relevant to this post means - PEMPAMIEH or HYE WONHYE - ye wo nyhe (the one who burns you be notburned). This is the symbol of forgiveness and turning the other cheek.

    *
    *
    Tasha of Urban Voices has a very poignant byline.
    It goes something like, "Your word is your sword use it wisely"
    *
    word = sword
    sword = dangerous weapon or life saving tool
    *
    The using it "wisely" part is where MY faith is ALWAYS tested!
    *
    Dear God,
    Thank you for blessing me with the gift of clarity, BUT I often wish I was in the dark. Ignorance is said to be bliss. I would imagine that it is extremely liberating to not care about anything. I know...I know.....I need to learn to recognize the signs you send me faster!!! I know... I know, I need to stop actin like I know more than you......BUT God you and I both know...I am still VERY MUCH a work in progress.
    *
    Lord, I am so grateful that you blessed me with the ability to think freely [& mine aren't your regular thoughts "from the tap" either]. Thank you for giving me something to call my own. Lord, I pray that you will keep giving me the courage to tell the truth while protecting the feelings of people that don't like that I do it. Lord, I know that you have a plan for me, but can you tell my detractors "enough" already. Sheesh, you know I'm really not hurtin anybody. Or at least...give me reserve energy so that I can build and destroy ( There's that 8 again*) at the same time. Lord, grant me the courage to face my fear of failure and unknown insurmountable obstacles. God, help me to speak positively about the world around me despite all the urges inside of me to lash out with words. Lord, I pray that you allow my example of turning the other cheek to be a reminder to others that everyday is written and everything works out as YOU plan [YOU ARE THE REAL #1]. I LOVE you for the gifts you've given me throughout my life. Thank you for allowing me to love, hurt, fight, dream, befriend, cry, discover, reveal, acknowledge, hunger, destroy, rebuild, fellowship, explore, etc.... It is on days like this that I really need reassurance that I truly am one of your children......... & what did you do.....YOU woke me up and filled me with the desire to tell others about how blessed I am to be loved by you. Thank you because I could have been on something else. I recognize the power of ALL words - particularly yours.
    *
    AMEN

    On this last Thursday of the month, I thought it would be fitting to share with you a passage on loving your enemies. While this may mean nothing to some....somebody out there surly needs to see this.......I hope you all are enriched! [THE ENTIRE PASSAGE BELOW IS SO WORTH READING]

    Loving Enemies
    Matthew 5:38-47
    by J. David Hoke

    "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, do not resist him who is evil; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone wants to sue you, and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. And whoever shall force you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you in order that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax-gatherers do the same? And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?" - (Matthew 5:38-47)

    *
    All of us want to be liked. Although there are probably a few malcontents who are antisocial, the vast majority of people make an honest attempt to get along with others and would like for others to think well of them.

    *
    On our jobs, around our neighborhoods, and at church we try to be likeable and friendly. We make an honest attempt to treat people in such a way that they have positive feelings toward us. Sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't.

    *
    Unfortunately, there are those times when people decide that they don't like us. Even though we have made an attempt to be kind to them, and are wonderful people ourselves, they, nonetheless, resolve to be hostile toward us. This can hurt. It can be very disappointing.

    *
    Who knows why people choose to become our enemy? And what do you do when they do? The tendency is to strike back. It has been called the plan and pounce strategy -- the "don't get even, get ahead" method. But does this way of retaliating at people for their behavior really produce the desired results. Often it produces further animosity and bad feelings. It makes the hostile person more hostile, and leaves us feeling worse instead of better.

    *
    Jesus said that there was a better way. As a matter of face, He gave us a radical solution to this ancient problem. Instead of retaliating against your enemy, you should love him by doing good to him!

    *
    "LOVE HIM! You've got to be kidding!" you may be saying about now. "How can we be expected to love those who are treating us harshly and unfairly?" "Surely, no one could do that, or would want to." "Even Christians have their limits, don't they?"

    *
    There is no doubt that Christians do have limits. But when it comes to love, the limits far exceed what we may think. The confusion comes when we adopt the thinking of the world.

    *
    The Secular Mentality
    The world philosophy of how you handle your enemy is quite different from the Christian view. The sad plight of the secular mentality is revealed in statements like "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." In other words, we want, we demand justice. And there is certainly nothing wrong with justice.

    *
    The reason we demand justice, however, is because we have come to believe that we have certain rights as human beings. Indeed, in the Declaration of Independence of our country, we declare that certain rights are unalienable and are given to us by no one less that our Creator. This, our founding fathers said, was a truth which was self-evident. Rights has become, however, a byword of our generation. We speak of human-rights, women's-rights, children's-rights, worker's-rights, gay-rights, criminal's-rights, victim's-rights, and on and on. People believe that they have rights and are, in many cases, not only pleading for them but also demanding them. We think that justice will give us these rights, and therefore we demand justice -- an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.

    *
    There is only one problem with this philosophy -- everyone would soon be blind and toothless. I recall hearing an old Amos and Andy radio show routine where Andy was particularly exasperated over a certain fellow on the street who, as Andy walked by him on his way to work each morning, would slap Andy on the chest and say hello. Andy complained to Amos about the situation and told him that he had resolved to do something about it. He said that on the next morning he would strap some dynamite to his chest and when the annoying fellow slapped it, he would blow his hand off.

    CONTINUED



    check me out on MYSPACE @ www.myspace.com/clove


    & .................NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING. Its just that I got such a great response from droppin some knowledge yesterday...figured I'd try it again....LOL!

    Coming Soon:
    Team Green - Hostage Mixtape
    Bosslady & H.O.P. - B.S.O.G. Mixtape

    * Whaaadddup! OOH OOH OOH

    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 4/27/2006 07:59:00 AM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:06:00 PM, Blogger ShellBe RAW said…

      WOW..............Amazing post (to say the least)........know that being able to admit you are a work in progress is a HUGE step.

      The sankofa symbol is one of my faves "You don't know where you are going, until you know where you've been" (The HipHop meaning....lol)

      Be encourgaed......True success and happiness is a journey not a destination, at least thats what I keep telling myself when times get hard, and BS arises.

      You're in my prayers

       
    • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:41:00 PM, Blogger C Love "The Rap Addict" said…

      Thank you so very much for your kind words...they are TRULY appreciated.

      The Sankofa symbol is definitely one of the prettiest. Did you know there is a Sankofa Dance troupe in Baltimore? They are excellent. Marshall E Conway and Olu Butterfly are both heavily affiliated/involved.

      And you also provided a fine example of how everything has been said or done before....we are just living in the NOW and there is a total disconnect btw us and our elders. That is the reason most of us make mistakes that could have been avoided.

      Knowing where you are from...so that you will know where you are going will makes sense all throughout time.....across race and ethnicities.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER