UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    May 4, 2006
    Is Hip Hop losing its hold on America?
    This week's Billboard 200 album chart top 10:

    1. Godsmack - IV

    2. Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
    3. Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions
    4. Avant - Director
    [Im glad to see he's back, but what the hell kind of album title is that???]
    5. Rihanna - A Girl Like Me
    [This is a "middle finger" to all you people that thought she was a 1 hit wonder. Pon da replay!]
    6. Rascal Flatts - Me and My Gang
    7. Soundtrack - High School Musical
    8. NOW! That's What I Call Music, Vol. 21
    [It amazes me that ppl actually buy those CDs they sell on TV late at night...LOL! I know...they sell them in BEST BUY too!]
    9. The Goo Goo Dolls - Let Love In
    10. Andrea Bocelli - Amore

    Damn....haven't seen a chart with NO Hip Hop in a while! What does this mean?
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 5/04/2006 12:11:00 PM  
    5 Comments:
    • At Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Al said…

      I think that sometimes you can get so used to hip hop dominating popular culture that it can be a surprise to see how much stuff like country and pop outsell it at times. But really it's always been like that, there's usually lulls between every blockbuster hip hop release. Besides, sometimes I'd rather see no hip hop at the top of the charts than some wack follow-up by someone like 50 Cent.

      btw, "One Wish" was Ray J.

       
    • At Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:45:00 PM, Blogger C Love "The Rap Addict" said…

      LOL! yeah...I thought about and looked it up after I pressed send...LOL! I took it out.....

      Both of them have those same kind of voices.....although I am not sure if RJ can really sing. Ray Jay always comes around with at least one really good song. The joint with Lil Kim from a few years back was my jump off. I used to go to dance clubs back then.

      And I agree....hip hop is not selling like it used to....I noticed that at the last years Grammys [The year that my chemical romance won big].....& you don't like 50? I like him...not everything he does..but he makes alright songs for the most part. Plus he is such a polarizing character that I am drawn to him. Is he the best MC...hell nah...does he contradict himself alot when he states what he stands for...yeah...but at the end of the day ..who is doing it like him?

       
    • At Thursday, May 04, 2006 2:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Yep... it's been goin' on for a minute. Hip-hop isn't really movin' units like that anymore. Not like it was about 7 years back when EVERYBODY was sellin'. Used to be that whoever was a notable name and had a couple hits was platinum. Now, there's artists we see on TV everyday who are gold (at best). Only people who really sold records last year was 50, Kanye, and Jeezy. We're def. a long, long way from when hip-hop was THE THING.

       
    • At Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:34:00 PM, Blogger Al said…

      nah, it was Green Day that won big last year. I'm afraid hip hop is always gonna come up short at the Grammys, though.

      50's made some good music, I just meant that noone really liked The Massacre, but it still sold millions because everyone who had his first album copped it, not because it was any good. And when a weak album is outselling everything else, that can't be too good for hip hop.

       
    • At Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:04:00 PM, Blogger C Love "The Rap Addict" said…

      You are right GD won BIG at the past Grammy's...I guess you can tell how closely I watch and follow them. Hip hop hasn't faired well the last 2 years ...cause one year Hip Hop was winning everything[Roots and E Badu won]

      Get Rich or Die Trying was my jump off!!!! STILL is from start to finish!!! It was the production that had me at the intro. I can believe that 50 gave GAME all the heat that would have been on his album. Game's album was FIYAH...much for the same reason that 50's first was to me. I NEVER got into the Massacre- AT ALL!!! Disco Inferno is prolly the worse song EVER to me.

      If you look at myspace....there are a lot of rappers, but I think there are more bands. From what I've observed.... good bands opposed to good rappers tend to have a loyal following who go out their way to spread the word about their faves. For that reason and because there are prolly very few bands putting out mixtapes or being bootlegged they way rappers are...I can see how they would be able to prove they sell alot of records and thus win the Grammy. I think the Grammy's are based on sales.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER