UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    May 20, 2006
    one more point.......
    Now...Im not gonna sit here and front like...I don't know which clubs are the "white" vs "black" in Baltimore....I identify certain clubs as such as well. It's just that to me hip hop is the common denominator so we have to meet some where in between or hip hop will suffer. I never see advertisements for Hip Hop events held in those other/"white" clubs in the places where alot of the people I know hang out. The only reason why I know about anything out side of stuff my friends and associates or I give is because I REALLY dig. Is that because they don't want us there or is it because they are doing alright without us already or is it because they don't have anyone on thier team to really promote? I see this as a real issue. I see this as a bigger issue than the radio any day. The radio helps some people to sell records and others....NOTHING. Soooo....how to close the gap is the challenge i say! Why do i have to be such a revolutionary? Why can't I just be happy with my dang blog?
    *
    This and the previous aforemetioned blog entries was/are nothing major...LOL! It just gave me a reason to vent.
    *
    ......MYSPACE @ www.myspace.com/clove

    Lata!
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 5/20/2006 11:10:00 AM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Al said…

      Yeah, I don't know how much different clubs consciously segregate themselves and how much they just don't get too adventurous with their promotions. I mean, the Ottobar books hip hop shows on the regular, but the promotion for those shows rarely extends outside of Mission Media's usual target areas unless a local MC or DJ is also on the bill and makes sure to place flyers in the 5 Seasons or Sounds N Da Hood, etc. Promotion, like most other things, involves creativity and forethought, and usually it's a lack of those qualities that results in potential audiences not hearing about shows, more than willful exclusion. But then, when you look at how badly the Ottobar's staff handled that Bossman show last year, and how unprepared they seemed to be for the audience it brought in, and there's definitely some friction between the different clubs and their usual clientele.

       
    • At Monday, May 22, 2006 5:30:00 PM, Blogger C Love "The Rap Addict" said…

      I agree with you....they treated us [my party] like shit at the Boss Man show!!! They were all bunched up in a knot...prepared to handle whatever could possibly go down. I was even profiled...LOL! And I knooooow that they've seen far drunker people at Ottobar events. I blame the media for creating many of the predjudices people have about 1)Black people and 2) Hip Hop. Its all good tho!!! As long as you, Al, and your friends are there ....we are well on our way to correcting this misconception....LOL!


      This is another example of how the digital divide hurts. I think Tracye uses missiontix for Ikon events also.

      sooooo...Im still not 100% convinced that there is not a stigma that is attached to certain people and/or names of events/djs, etc.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER