UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    May 5, 2006
    The time is NOW!

    For those of you that missed it....I am here to tell ya...You missed a great show. I wish more of you folk that cry about the lack of venues would get it through your heads that if you don't support events in their infancy...they can never develop into the "PLACE TO BE". Everyone wants to holla out, "its a movement"...well..how can there be a movement if people don't support events and functions organized in their honor? Not only that, but giving events are expensive [financially, emotionally and physically]....so anybody that gives an event typically does it for the love and NEVER because their is a guarantee to make money.
    *
    The very first "In the Field" concert, held this past Wednesday at the K-Productions in the Northwood Shopping Center featured a great line up. There were so many local notables in the building....& it was especially nice to see some West side people come over East. FYI: Baltimore is a very segreated city...folk generally live and perform all of their daily operations on their own side of town. When giving an event in Baltimore, like real estate...LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is everything. You really have to be a well respected person to bring N.E.W.S. to one spot that isn't centrally located (i.e. 5 Seasons). Big Ups, Ogun!
    *
    All of the performers showed up and really gave us all a great show. The ladies of Golden Seal came with their own GS t-shirt wearing entourage'. I looooove the tank tops ladies...when I get some paper...I have gots to get one. Shellbe Raw, Skarr Akbar and N.O.M. Click all gave very energetic performances that had the crowd on their feet during their whole sets..despite minor lighting and sound glitches...especially during Shellbe Raw's set. The Unstoppable Knuckleheads got up and did their thing also. These guys have their own style which is pretty much unlike anything I've ever seen before. They are like rapping Punk Rockers...LOL! & they know it! They always look like they are having such a great time and that is the first sign of a person that is doing what they love.
    *
    I need to rant for a minute:
    I wasn't really in the mood to be out on Wednesday [.], but Ogun asked if I could work the door for him and I reluctantly agreed. Tryna help a brotha out!!! So not only was my spirit all wrong for the evening, but I HAD to do something I HATE doing....ASKING FOR MONEY!!! ...I hate being the one to ask people for anything - for real for real. Don't know why but I conversations about money make me feel uncomfortable [come to think of it]...especially when I don't have any..he he! or we aren't discussing how I'ma get some.
    *
    What was worse than sitting at the door asking people for money was the fact that he didn't have an established door list and he told me everyone else was to pay. Shuuuuuugs don't tell me everyone has to pay....that means EVERYONE pays. But of course...this didn't go smoothly either. All night, "Did they pay?"....."why did you let them walk past you?"....& on more than one occasions.....he came up to me and was like, "Ooooh...they're are ok...my bad" uuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhh! wtf? my bad?? I felt like a real herb and I didn't appreciate that. So...that being said... I'm puttin erebody on notice.......I don't even work my own door..........DON'T ASK.
    *
    Aquarius' are some fickle people....when we are mentally somewhere else...you might as well be talking to the wall. I hear ya, but I dont hear ya. Jah-Li, XO and quite a few other people tried to come up to me and make me smile...THANK YOU, GUYS!!!!, but there really wasn't much you could do. Sistah gurl is just a lil burnt out from the whole hip hop grind....I need a mental vacation.
    *
    Had the opportunity to sit and talk with the brothers of the Soulvivaz Nation. Their new CD "Unify or Die", produced exclusively by a new up and comer, Top Secret, offers that balance that I am always saying is missing from today's rap music. Baltimore's hip hop movement will manifest itself in more ways than one - get ready!!! Yeah...we got that street ish, but we also have some positive vibes for the people as well. Our city truly has a lot to offer the world. Big BIG BIG things are in the works.....please stay tuned. When you get a chance, check out the excerpt from the recent article the Baltimore Sun ran on them. Big Ups to the [Take Action Network] for providing the link. Thank you Jabari and Sundiata for showing a sistah so much love and respect. I soooo look forward to making some things happen!!!
    *
    I'm on MYSPACE too! www.myspace.com/clove
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 5/05/2006 10:19:00 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER