UPCOMING EVENTS
STAY TUNED

Ghood Folk
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from synergizehiphop. Make your own badge here.

  • Ebony Elle
  • DNA (Baltimore's Mixtape King)
  • Ike Carter
  • Rob @ Brownstyle.net
  • Jeff
  • That Kid RADIO
  • DJ Reddz
  • DJ Lil Mic
  • Kelly (Photographer/Editor/PR)
  • MelaniN. (Photographer)
  • Missy
  • Moccaa Banks (OG)
  • Samir (Producer)
  • Tasha of Urban Voices
  • Ro Brooks (SNH)
  • Crushforce Promotions


  • UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    UPDATED SITE *COMING SOON!!!
    New Releases
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Blogs I Read
  • STREETZ MAG
  • HipHop-Blogs(dot)com
  • Pro Hip Hop
  • Government Names
  • Meandering Assholicism
  • Lynne D. Johnson
  • The 411 on the 410
  • Micki's Blog
  • Missy's Mental Musings
  • A Dirty South Perspective
  • Nah Right
  • Hip Hop Politics
  • Concrete Loop
  • George Bush's Blog
  • Grandma's Basement
  • The Kween
  • Hip Hop Ruckus
  • Street Fame (NEW BOOK)
  • Dino Mom
  • Straight outta NYC
  • Ghetto Manga
  • Música para Todos
  • Cool Links
  • C Love on MYSPACE
  • St. Frances Academy
  • datpiff(*FREE*) Mixtapes
  • Baltimore City Paper
  • AllHipHop.com
  • SOHH.com
  • BUST
  • INDUSTRY NEWS
  • WHU DAT?
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Hip Hop Press Releases
    Press
  • ITSBALTIMOREBABY! LIVE (8.30.06)
  • Part I (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part II (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Part III (WYPR - 3.24.06)
  • Baltimore City Paper - Super Style Warz feedback (3.8.2006)
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Baltimore Sun LIVE - "Battles, Not Violence" (11.24.05)
  • ughh.com (9.26.05)
  • illmuzik.com (7.28.05)
  • Baltimore City Paper - "She's All That" (6.29.2005)
  • Videos I love
    Jul 16, 2006
    A Satur - DAY in the Life of a Hip Hop Heroine
    *
    One of the biggest Baltimore tourist destinations (second only to the Harbor) is the World Famous Lexington market. I took these pictures for my out of towners, but my local folk will prolly be the most impressed. Why? you may say.....
    *
    Look at the floors and stalls....clean! OMFG! 4 years ago, it would not have been out of the realm of possiblity for me to have caught a rat posing for one of these pics LOL! the spot was DURTY as hell and it really stank. The crazy part is that I used to eat something out of there damn near ere day!...LOL! Just imagine...funky ass chinese food, open fish markets (where they scale and gut the fish for your free of charge), chitlins cooked by the bucket, greasy chicken stands ( side note: If you ever want the true Baltimore "chicken box and Half and Half" experience visit Park's Chicken....so crispy and the T is EXTRA Sweet!), homeless people, dope fiends....Baltimore Baby!
    *
    I caught the bus in front of the market everyday when coming from school (who remembers the 28 Cherry Hill/Baltimore Highlands?) and I LOVED the piping hot peanuts and hot dogs from Konstant's. Once upon a time it was the only place I would eat them. I love them burnt and when I say "Well Done Beef Just Chili" they know what I am talking about! The best time of the day to get one is about 1/2 hour before they close....the semi spicy all meat chili has been simmering all day and the hot dogs are busting at the seems.....man o man! Talk about a real treat! I only had the intention of getting one, but yesterday....I ate 2...LOL! I'm so bad! I can't say this market (in particular Faidley's) is the best place to get a crab cake because at $10 + a whop (jumbo lump)....I'd rather buy the meat and hook them up myself.....but if you are coming to town....I'd say give it a shot...they always have a LONG line so they can't be that bad!!!





    Now that the "West Side Development Project" is underway....Downtown Bmore is changing in a major way. High Rise luxury Condos, Performing arts theaters......& STARBUCKS!!! Who would have imagined a Star Buck's Down town. Man times are a changin!
    *
    I stopped by Club International on Baltimore Street last night! I must be gettin old! I haven't been to any spot that even resembles a club in sooooo long. I was bored out my f*cking mind....LOL! It wasn't the music (Scotty B was DJ-ing- pictured below) nor the company I found once I got settled (ran in to Bobby Drake of Major League Unlimited and Sonny Brown)...that was great... Its just that last night I realized how much Baltimore's Hip Hop scene is a community within itself. I missed yall!!! I am so used to going to events alone because I know that I am going to know someone when I get there. I didn't even feel comfortable drinkin...LOL! Not that I am a lush, but a drink usually helps me to become more charming...LOL! I am from W. Bmore and used to go to Internationals back in the day (when I was too young to get up in anybody's bar)....but I ain't know a damn soul up in that jawnt! The realization that all my peoples are parents, dead or in jail became so abundantly clear. ALSO.........I am so not used to dealing with bouncers that don't show love to pretty ladies....that was crazy! He had to be gay because I was looking good last night if I might add! Dude actually wouldn't let me give out my flyers in the club because it didn't have their name on it...NEVER mind that the event was on a day that they aren't even open. LOL! Dude, was workin waaaaaaaay to hard for his $50. All my lil gripes aside.....I think that I would go back tho. It's soooooooo true: you can take a person out the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of em. I am so hood siddity! The music was real good and the vibe was like an '86 house party...yall know I love that ghood shit! I wouldn't recommend this spot to any one unless you are very street smart and/or know how to fight (if need be). Many men have been laid out (literally) in front of this spot for acting too slick.
    *


    In addition......
    I stopped by the M.E.C.C.A. CD release event at Sonar & it was packed (.............& HOT AS HELL!!!! I don't think the AC or any fans were on at ALL)!!! I was extremely late (I arrive about 12:45), but managed to capture a few pics of my peoples from Awnpont Productions (organizers). Their set was live as hell!!! I will write some more about the CD and movement when I get some more info. In the meantime, check out their page on MYSPACE. Big Ups to Liquor Box (Munk, Dusk & Jethro), Opposable Thumbs, Bishop & all my Nap Town Peoples!





    This was a GREAT Day!!

    check me out on MYSPACE @ www.myspace.com/clove or www.myspace.com/itsbaltimorebaby
    posted by C Love "The Rap Addict" @ 7/16/2006 10:42:00 AM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Sunday, July 16, 2006 8:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      That was most def my first time there at that club.. Scotty B begged us to come down and check it out and it wont be my last time there.. C-love you did look extremely good last night i must say.. I was real Hazy in there last night celebrating myself being off probabtion.. i've been a pawn in the mans system for 3 years and i am finally a citizen once again.. see ya at the Sonar jumpoff.. Sonny

       
    • At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      oh yeah, make sure you guys go down there and support a true legend on the 1's and 2's Scotty B.. i almost 4got why he is one of the true pioneers in this Baltimore game.. but take C's advice... don't go in there all super slick and thugged out...lmao!!!!!!

       
    • At Monday, July 17, 2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger C Love "The Rap Addict" said…

      SNANK YOU SONNY!!!

      CONGRATS ON YOUR FREEDOM!!! DON'T GO 2 CRAZY!!!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: C Love "The Rap Addict"
    Home: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, United States
    About Me: I LOVE LIFE! HIP HOP IS MY HEART! I'M THE HOST OF NO GUTS NO GLORY: THE ULTIMATE SKILLZ CHALLENGE (BALTIMORE, MD) EVERY 4TH THURSDAY OF THE MONTH @ 5 SEASONS
    See my complete profile
    Recent Posts
    Chatter Box
    IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!
    "Fire and Brimstone" Video Shoot
    Reviews
    Rap / Hip Hop
    Spoken Word
  • 5th L
  • Olu Butterfly
  • HGE
  • E the Poet Emcee (TLE)
  • Rebecca Dupas
  • LOVE (TLE)
  • My Life
    Props
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER